1. Physical and digital layers of space are converging.
2. Digital entities are manifesting in the physical world. Physical objects are represented in the digital world.
3. This convergence is driven by the shift to mobile, locative, realtime connections between people and information.
4. Convergence is becoming a platform, just like broadband 10 years ago. This platform's core characteristic is context.
5. Cities are the substrate for the convergence platform. They are the interstitial zones for culture, society and innovation.
6. Personalisation of experiences will become the norm; in particular for customer / business interactions.
7. Products, services, and communications will be designed to encompass every touchpoint and to integrate into people's lives, driven by the convergence platform.
8. The convergence platform will impact different cultures in different ways. A global approach is required to understand what the opportunities and risks are.
Connected Objects / Internet of Things
How does the internet of things become a platform for new products, services, and experiences.
Scale & Perspective
How looking at problems and solutions at different scales and through different lenses changes their shape.
Exploring the form of an urban environment soaked in ambient sensors and information; a city where objects and people are connected.
Influence & Choice Modelling
Research and modelling to understand the factors affecting why people make the decisions they do. Focused on the shift to realtime, mobile information.
The application of ecological system theories and experimentation to help understand a networked environment.
Storytelling on the convergence / context platform.